Location: West Grove, Pennsylvania
ChristianaCare is currently seeking a full-time Registered Nurse to join our Primary Care Practice at 390 Vinyard Way in West Grove, PA. This position supports 4 providers where they treat approximately 40-60 patients daily, ranging from age 2 to adult.
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday 8:00am-5:00pm
Thursday, Friday 8:00am-4:00pm
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates knowledge & skills necessary to provide care appropriate to pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients virtually or on-site within the practice, including knowledge of growth development, the ability to obtain and interpret information to identify patient needs and provide care needed.
- Participates in a relationship-based care approach to care delivery.
- Performs Nurse Visits such as Annual Wellness Visits, Advance Care Planning and Transitional Care Management calls and disease management.
- Performs point of care tests, EKG's and other tests as directed by clinicians.
- Triages walk-in patients and ensures appropriate disposition.
- Answers and responds to telephone messages under the direction of the provider.
- Assists providers in examinations or procedures.
- Functions as a liaison between patients, physicians and staff to provide accurate communication.
- Collaborates with team members to provide a smooth, organized and efficient flow of patients.
- Responds to patient crises situations.
- Assures adequate coverage within unit when needed.
- Provides patient education and wellness counseling.
- Performs medication history.
- Supports the work of the MA.
- Assists with staff education and evaluation of clinical competencies for new and existing employees (MA).
- Assists with orientation of new personnel to ensure that they are properly trained to support patient and provider.
- Performs chart audits or has designee assist with chart audits.
- Randomly shadows clinical support staff to ensure appropriate care is provided.
- Supports the site by acting as the liaison for JCAHO, POCT, Tracer monitor for Safe Practice Behavior Monitoring (SPBM) tools & JCAHO Tracers.
- Administration of medications, monitoring of vital signs, and performing routine treatments and procedures prescribed by the physician when needed.
- Keeps current with policies and procedures and participates in quality improvement activities.
- Participates in special projects.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- A graduate of a state approved or National League of Nursing accredited School of Nursing.
- RN license or eligible for licensure in the state of Pennsylvania.
- Two years' experience as a RN, physician office experience preferred
- BSN preferred; ADN considered with agreement of completion of BSN in 3 years.
- Current RN licensure in the State of Pennsylvania.
- BLS certification required.
#L1 - CS1