Location: Wilmington, Delaware
Are you interested in working for an organization passionate about love and excellence?
ChristianaCare is a nonprofit health system with a mission of service. We believe that the key to providing truly excellent health care is to partner with our patients and their families, building a system of care that is effective, affordable and valuable to everyone who is touched by it.
ChristianaCare, is looking for a Part time Nuclear Medicine Technologist who will utilize our core values of Love & Excellence to provide the highest level of care to our patients.
To perform diagnostic nuclear medicine cardiology procedures in adherence to the Nuclear Regulatory Commission and State Regulations to assist physicians in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs stress test monitoring and EKG's for stress testing.
- Demonstrates skills and knowledge necessary to provide care appropriate to adult and geriatric patients including knowledge of growth and development, the ability to obtain and interpret information to identify patient needs and to provide the care needed.
- Maintains compliance with local, state, and federal regulations as specified in NRC and state licenses. Complies with JCAHO regulations.
- Demonstrates skills and knowledge necessary for safe receipt and security of radioactive materials in compliance with department policy.
- Demonstrates complete knowledge in all nuclear medicine procedures and equipment.
- Prepares, verifies, documents and administers all radiopharmaceuticals.
- Performs IV injections. Performs calculations.
- Enters accurate patient study information into the NMIS hot lab record keeping program and accurately completes the patient medical history worksheet.
- Attends departmental meetings and inservices as required.
- Rotates to all Cardiac Diagnostic centers at the manager's discretion.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Associates Degree in Nuclear Medicine Technology.
- One year experience preferred.
- Current certification from the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT)(N) or Nuclear Medicine Technology Certification Board (NMTCB).
- Licensed by State of Delaware Authority on Radiation Protection and/or State of Maryland.
- BLS certification.
Christiana Care offers:
- Full Medical, Dental, Vision and other insurance benefits
- 403 (b) with an employer match
- Generous Paid Time Off