For those who want to invent the future of health care, here's your opportunity. We're going beyond basic care to health programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. Join us and help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
- Schedule: 4 - 10 hour weekdays - alternative on call weekends
- Location: Glendora, CA
- Setting: Urgent Care
It is time to take your career to the next level. As a Registered Nurse Supervisor at Optum, you will be responsible for providing direct supervision of teammates and management of daily departmental operations and functions under the direction of a clinician in a given patient care area as well as providing direct patient care daily. You will be responsible for performing operational duties as required under the direction of the site administrator or designee.
- Consistently exhibits behavior and communication skills that demonstrate Optum’s commitment to superior customer service, including quality, care and concern with each and every internal and external customer
- Closely monitors patient safety at all times; i.e. does not leave patient on an exam table unattended and participates in Optum fall prevention program
- Complies with Optum sharps safety program at all times, i.e. only using devices with safety features and employing safe work practices
- Supervises clinical operations of a given patient care area
- Assists Site Administrator in ensuring compliance in licensing, certification and competencies
- Evaluates nursing competencies and decisions according to current nursing practices
- Functions as a resource and serves as a liaison between administration, clinicians, staff and other departments
- Participates in all Nursing Leadership regional meetings and Nurse Peer Review as needed
- Identifies and participates in the quality improvement projects for the site
- Conducts monthly staff meetings to evaluate departmental needs and to communicate operational updates
- Uses, protects, and discloses Optum patients’ protected health information (PHI) only in accordance with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) standards
- Verifies that the informed consents for procedures have been signed, dated and witnessed
- Assists with Quality Metrics, Comprehensive Health Assessment Programs (CHAPS) formally HCC research, telephone call procedures, and patient follow up procedures
- Prepares labels, collects and transports various specimens to appropriate destinations
- Conducts pre and post-operative teaching for the patient, taking into account all psychological, physiological and religious aspects
- Works in collaboration with a clinician to prepare, monitor and discharge patients after a procedure.
- Cleans and stocks exam and procedure/surgery rooms
- Serves as a relief for the teammates
- Assists with all departments specific functions within the LVN scope of practice
- Ensures monthly expiration logs for medications and sample medications (refrigerated and non-refrigerated) are maintained
- Ensures yearly expiration logs for Preventative Maintenance (PM) are performed as needed
- Ensures EKG reconciliation is performed and confirmed EKG’s are seen by clinician before patient is discharged
- Ensures referral tickler file / log are maintained
- Ensures immunization records and updating EHR (including California Immunization Registry (CAIR)) are performed
- Attends mandatory annual skills validation and Annual Clinical updates that may take place during evening hours and weekends (selected Saturdays only)
- Frequently monitors overdue orders and follows approved process to address the orders
- Assists with Meaningful Use (MU) initiative by encouraging patients to sign up for Follow My Health (FMH), obtaining patient’s email addresses, updating smoking status, and other initiatives
- Assists clinicians with medication reconciliation per guidelines
- Uses approved standing orders to perform, order test and update referrals
- Assists with entering referrals in electronic health records EHR for clinician to authorize
- Enters medical billing charges for services rendered in EHR
- Participates in verifying medications and vaccine doses for non-licensed teammates
- Provides direct patient care
- Mentors and trains teammates in collaboration with the Site Administrator, lead clinician and people services department
- Attends in all mandatory Clinical Teammate Orientation (CTO) (both instructor led and online courses), Annual Clinical Updates, and Skills validation including those that could be held after working hours including the weekend
- Participates in facilitation of annual skills validation for Medical Assistants take place during evening hours and or weekends (selected Saturdays only)
- Ensures all Patient Intervention Reports (PIR) have been reviewed and actions taken
- Assists clinician and licensed nursing teammates in responding to patient emergency situations as per Emergency Response Protocols
- Cross trainings to work in other departments or other duties as assigned by supervisor /management.
- Performs additional duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college and/or a professional certification requiring formal education beyond a 2-year college
- Current California RN license
- Basic Life Support for Healthcare providers (AHA) or CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer (American Red Cross)
- 3+ years of clinical experience
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Advanced Life Support and/or PALS certification
- ESI- Emergency Severity Index Certification
- 1+ years of supervisory or management experience
- Ambulatory care experience
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers at OptumCare. We're on a mission to change the face of health care. As the largest health and wellness business in the US, we help 58 million people navigate the health care system, finance their health care needs and achieve their health and well-being goals. Fortunately, we have a team of the best and brightest minds on the planet to make it happen. Together we're creating the most innovative ideas and comprehensive strategies to help heal the health care system and create a brighter future for us all. Join us and learn why there is no better place to do your life's best work.(sm)
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare’s support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine by the medical practices or any of their physicians.
California Residents Only: The salary range for California residents is $67,800 to $133,100. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone-of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income-deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes - an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.